Monday, December 7, 2009

Electricity and Reddy Kilowatt: Is cooking with Electricity Safe and Fast????

This little lightning bolt fellow, Reddy Kilowatt, was a spokesman for the electricity industry for over 60 years. Here he is speeding down a rollercoaster, probably the ride at either Lagoon or Saltair in Utah, to show us how fast cooking with electricity can be. OK, I think it had a lot more significance in the 1950s than it does now...Microwave ovens were not an option then.
Here's and ad with Reddy dressed like a policeman to emphasize that if you do indeed like to be "Safe", then you'll like Electric Cooking--why??? Because it is Completely Safe!
Not only is electric cooking automatic, it is "almost" like having a servant, except that it is more reliable than servants.....
Here's Reddy dressed as a cowboy in hat and boots and lasso and I don't quite get the gist of this ad at all, but I think the stove is very cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment